Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Residence building and grounds, including the performance and/or coordination of all needed preventative and responsive maintenance tasks.
- Adheres to and conveys a philosophy that supports the dignity, privacy, independence, choice, and individuality of residents.
- Ensures that all required preventative maintenance tasks are completed, either by directly performing the tasks or contracting with outside providers as appropriate. Provides appropriate documentation of all work completed.
- Makes repairs as needed, responding to maintenance work requests in a timely manner and documents completed repairs.
- Performs or oversees all landscape maintenance on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains accurate maintenance records on all utilities, systems, and equipment.
- Refurbishes vacated apartments in a timely manner, documenting all work performed.
- Ensures the proper storage and labeling of all equipment and supplies.
- Inventories and orders maintenance supplies on an as-needed basis.
- Obtain bids, establishes and oversees all maintenance-related contracts, with approval from the Administrator / Manager.
- Ensures that maintenance-related costs stay within the budgetary guidelines established for the Residence.
- Performs or coordinates all preventative maintenance needed to maintain the Residence van in good condition; keeps a record of all inspections completed and work performed.
- Performs all other tasks as requested.
Education and Qualifications
Must have a demonstrated mechanical aptitude, with at least three years experience in maintenance work preferred. Is able to work effectively and make good decisions with minimal supervision. Has good problem-solving abilities and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally.
Must be at least 21 years of age. High school education or equivalent GED required.
Applicants need to apply to Trudy Darnell via email at [email protected]